Medical Grade Plastic is widely applied in medical field with low cost, used as raw material of disposable medical equipment without disinfected and reused; The process of Medical Grade Plastic is simple, and its plasticity can be processed into a variety of useful structures, while metal and glass are difficult to make into complex structures. Medical plastic is tough, elastic, not as brittle as glass; Good chemical inertness and biosafety. These advantages make plastics widely used in medical equipment, including PVC, polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polycarbonate (PC, ABS, polyurethane, polyamide, etc.
Plastic Injection Molding for Medical Device
Medical Plastic is widely applied in medical field with low cost, used as raw material of disposable medical equipment without disinfected and reused; The process of Medical Grade Plastic is simple, and its plasticity can be processed into a variety of useful structures, while metal and glass are difficult to make into complex structures. Medical plastic is tough, elastic, not as brittle as glass; Good chemical inertness and biosafety. These advantages make plastics widely used in medical equipment, including PVC, polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polycarbonate (PC, ABS, polyurethane, polyamide, etc.
Common medical plastic processing & physical & chemical properties:
1. PVC (PVC) : according to market estimation, about 25% of medical plastic products are PVC.
PVC is one of the largest plastic varieties in the world. PVC resin is white or light yellow powder, pure PVC is random structure, hard and brittle, rarely used. Different additives can be added according to different users to make PVC plastic parts exhibit different physical and mechanical properties. Medical applications of PVC products include: hemodialysis pipeline, respiratory mask, oxygen tube, PVC face mask, and so on.
The processing method is that the injection molding, extrusion moulding, blowing film, rolling. Usually no drying is required. Melting temperature: 170-200℃, mold temperature: 20 to 50 ℃. Injection pressure: can be up to 1500bar and pressure pressure: can be up to 1000bar. Injection speed: to avoid degradation of the material, the rate of injection is usually very low.
2. Polyethylene (PE) : polyethylene plastic is the most productive variety in the plastics industry, milky white, tasteless, odorless and non-toxic gloss waxy particles. It is characterized by low price and good performance, which can be widely used in industry, agriculture, packaging and daily industry, which plays an important role in plastics industry.
3. Medical PP has high transparency, good barrier and radiation resistance, so it has a wide application in medical equipment and packaging industry. Non-pvc material with PP as the main body is a substitute of widely used PVC materials.The processing technology can be injection molded, extruded moulding, blown or made into thin film drying treatment: low water absorption, no need for drying treatment.
4. Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer (ABS) : ABS has certain rigidity, hardness, impact resistance and chemical resistance, radiation resistance and ethylene oxide sterilization.ABS is used in medical applications mainly for surgical tools, roller clips, plastic needles, tool boxes, diagnostic devices and hearing aid covers, especially for large medical devices. In terms of medical treatment, ABS is usually processed by injection molding, with few blowing film and extruding application.
5. Polycarbonate (PC) : typical features of PC are toughness, strength, rigidity and heat - resistant steam sterilization, which make PC.
The first option is to become a hemodialysis filter, a surgical tool handle, and an oxygen tank (which removes carbon dioxide from the blood and adds oxygen to the heart surgery).The medical applications of PCS include needle-free injection systems, perfusion instruments, blood centrifuge bowls and pistons.With its high transparent performance, the usual glasses are made of PC.In the medical field, the PC.
It is mainly used for injection molding, and rarely extruded and blown film.
Classification of medical plastic products
1. Disposable medical plastic equipment, such as disposable plastic infusion device, injection syringe, blood transfusion tube, extension tube, connection tube drainage bag.
2. Plastic human organs are used for surgical operation, in vitro circulation access catheter, laryngeal mask, artificial kidney, artificial lung, artificial joint and so on.
3. Medical plastic parts, such as PVC face mask, medical plastic tubing, medical plastic mask, tracheal intubation, tracheal tube, endovascular intubation, and various medical plastic productsfor repair, nursing, physiotherapy and diagnosis.
4. Medical plastic packaging materials, such as eye drop medicine bottle, oral liquid bottle, PVC plastic bottle, low density polyethylene ointment tube.
5. Medical plastic products container, including various plastic bedpan, wash basin, packing bag and so on.
Clinical plastic products and consumables, including disposable medical test tube, centrifuge tube, petri dish measuring cup, etc.
Xiamen Better Silicone Co.,Ltd not only can make silicone rubber compression mold, plastic injection mold and LSR injection molding, but also can produce different kinds of medical plastic components, like medical Plastic tubing, medical plastic mask, medical plastic device, etc.