Membrane Gasket, also known as Membrane Seal, Membrane Valve, Diaphragm Valve that separates two fluids or gases that are subject to little or no motion and or pressure differential. Or Dynamic diaphragms, which usually transmits a force or pressure and also acts as a seal between the fixed and moving part. Typical uses are the metering of fuels and liquids or gas for control systems for domestic and industrial heating.
Membrane Gasket can either be made from solid rubber or can be supported with a strengthening metal parts and produced by compression molding or over-molding.
Membrane Gasket Manufacturing Process
There maybe some clients who will ask if it is a good solution that steel plate bonded with glue in the center of the membrane.
and the main function of the steel plate is to make the center surface stiff, but also to make a durable surface.
Watch the followed video, then you'll find out the best solution:
1. Smearing a small amount of glue on the steel/ metal plate
2. Fixing the steel/ metal plate on the mold, then put the silicone material on it.
3. Closing the mold and start the molding process for about 350 seconds.
Membrane Gasket Material
Membrane Gasket can be made from different materials. Each designed to perform best under certain conditions. Elastomeric membrane gasket materials are highly resistant to chemicals at high temperatures. However, the mechanical properties of elastomeric materials will be weakened at a higher temperature (above 150°F). High pressure can also destroy the diaphragm. Another factor that can affect the diaphragm function is the concentration of the media it will handle. The material may exhibit satisfactory corrosion resistance to certain corrodents up to a specific concentration and/or temperature. There are three primary data points you need to identify in order to determine which elastomer to select for a given application:
1. Operating Temperature: It should be straightforward. How hot or cold is the liquid or gas funneling through your production process, specifically at the point where this item will be operating? Once you’ve determined that, you’ll address potential corrosion and wear levels.
2. Level of Potential Corrosion: Corrosion in oil and gas production occurs when corrosive chemicals—including H2S, CO2, and any other acidic chemical—eat away at the elastomers and metals of your membrane gaskets, regulators, and other production equipment. Some elastomers are not affected by the types of chemicals that corrode metal, and vice-versa, which is why the selection of elastomers is important.
3. Level of Potential Wear: Wear in oil and gas control valves occurs when there are high levels of actuation, causing consistent “wearing” on the internals of the equipment. Elastomer wear is ultimately inevitable. However, with the correct material you can run production longer before the elastomers require replacement. In the guide below, we have noted the wear resistance for each elastomer material.
Examples of Membrane Gasket material and their specifications can be seen in the chart below:
Membrane Gasket are ideally suited for:
Corrosive applications, where the body and diaphragm materials can be chosen for chemical compatibility. (E.G. Acids, Bases etc.)
Abrasive applications, where the body lining can be designed to withstand abrasion and the diaphragm can be easily replaced once worn out
Solids entrained liquids, since the diaphragm can seal around any entrained solids and provide positive seal
Slurries, since the diaphragm can seal around entrained solids and provide positive seal
Xiamen Better Silicone Company can make compression mold tooling, liquid silicone rubber injection molding ( LSR Molding) and produce different shapes translucent elastomeric silicone rubber Membrane or Diaphragm Sealing Valves & Gasket in the 0.1 mm thickness range according to customer's design drawings, samples or ideas etc.
Notes: Silicone Membrane Gasket & Seal with hook should be made of high tensile elastic silicone materials by three layer mold plates for avoid hook damage when production.
Generally, the softer it is, the better it will be.
Our Company Advantages for Silicone Membrane Gasket & Seals Production
Xiamen Better Silicone Company is specialized in making silicone rubber compression molding & liquid silicone rubber injection mold & Plastic Injection Mold and producing different types of air & liquid controller silicon membrane gaskets & seals.
1. Precision Own Mold-Making Technology since 1998, one stop service for silicone rubber compression molded components, plastic injection molded and liquid silicone rubber molding components.
2. In-depth knowledge of elastomeric materials molded.
3. In-depth knowledge of fluid control technology.
4. Mature Experience of avoiding out of shape and damage from Production to Shipment: Materials Choice, Design Improvement and Packing Information.
5. Rapid prototyping with full sizes production equipment and production materials.
6. Experienced clean room and precision manufacturing technology.
Why Choose Us?
We are a ISO certified company with well-established system.
We offer design support before project confirmed, our company has a strong team of engineers who can help you to set up the design.
We do production feasibility analysis for clients, and offer suggestions for manufacturing purpose.
We also help clients to improve their design for better function & practical application.
We offer good service before order confirmed & after-sales, no matter what questions it is, we're glad to help.