Silicone Membrane Valve
Silicone Membrane valves ( Diaphragm Valves, Air Diaphragm Valve, Diaphragm Control Valve) consists of a valve body with two or more ports, a diaphragm, and a "weir or saddle" or seat upon which the diaphragm closes the valve. The valve is constructed from either plastic or metal.
Originally, the diaphragm valve was developed for use in industrial applications. Later on the design was adapted for use in the bio-pharmaceutical industry by using compliant materials that can withstand sanitizing and sterilizing methods.
Silicone Membrane Valve Manufacturing Process
Today there are some customers asking if it is a good solution that steel plate bonded with glue in the center of the membrane.
and the main function of the steel plate is to make the center surface stiff, but also to make a durable surface.
Watch the followed video, then you'll find out the best solution:
1. Smearing a small amount of glue on the steel/ metal plate
2. Fixing the steel/ metal plate on the mold, then put the silicone material on it.
3. Closing the mold and start the molding process for about 350 seconds.
Membrane Valve Material
Membrane Valves/ Diaphragm Valves can be made from a variety of materials. The material choice is based on the nature of the material handled, temperature, pressure, and frequency of operation. Elastomeric diaphragm materials are highly resistant to chemicals at high temperatures. However, the mechanical properties of elastomeric materials will be weakened at a higher temperature (above 150°F). High pressure can also destroy the diaphragm. Another factor that can affect the diaphragm function is the concentration of the media it will handle. The material may exhibit satisfactory corrosion resistance to certain corrodents up to a specific concentration and/or temperature. Examples of diaphragm material and their specifications can be seen in the chart below.
Xiamen Better Silicone Company can make compression mold tooling, liquid silicone rubber injection molding ( LSR Molding) and produce different shapes translucent elastomeric silicone rubber sealing valves & Gasket in the 0.1 mm thickness range according to customer's designs drawings, samples or ideas etc.
Notes: Silicone Membrane Valve with hook should be made of high tensile elastic silicone materials by three layer mold plates for avoid hook damage when production.
Generally, much softer, much better.
Our Company Advantages for Silicone Membrane Valve Production
Xiamen Better Silicone Company is specialized in making silicone rubber compression molding & liquid silicone rubber injection mold & Plastic Injection Mold and producing different types of air & liquid controller silicon membrane valves.
1. Precision Own Mold-Making Technology since 1998, one stop service for silicone rubber compression molded components, plastic injection molded and liquid silicone rubber molding components.
2. In-depth knowledge of elastomeric materials molded
3. In-depth knowledge of fluid control technology.
4. Mature Experience of avoiding out of shape and damage from Production to Shipment: Materials Choice, Design Improvement and Packing Information.
5. Rapid prototyping with full sizes production equipment and production materials.
6. Experienced clean room and precision manufacturing technology.
Silicone Membrane Valves Fast quotation:
a. Offer 2D, 3D designs drawings, samples or tell us your ideas.
b. Materials demands: Solid Silicone or Liquid silicone rubber
c. Materials Class demands: food grade or medical grade materials
c. Hardness demands: 10-80 Shore A ( Durometer)
d. Working environment: Like Working temperature, flow chemical environment etc.
e. Production environment Demands: If need clear room
f. Package Requirement: If need Air in packing bag to prevent deformation or damage etc.