Our company make compression molded tooling, design and manufacture different kinds & construction of elastomeric silicone rubber syringe sleeve & cover, expansion joint & flexible boots, bellows suction cup, air bellows etc, which as a protective appliance to dust proof, anti-oil, water proof and other environment elements in aim to keep equipment performance in medical device, machine automotive, pumping, industrial usage etc.
Syringe Sleeves, also known as Silicone Syringe Sleeves, Syringe Protective Bellows, Syringe Protective Sleeves, are designed as a cover or expansion bellows for Syringe, used to seal out polution while using. They are quite common in medical applications.
Silicone Syringe Sleeves are usually produced by silicone rubber compression molding, extrusion moulding or LSR injection moulding.
Syringe Sleeves Manufacturing Process
Syringe Sleeves' major defects:
1. Syringe Sleeve Flashing is too big: to solve this problem, we need to pay attention to 3 points when production; the first one is mold-design, second one is workers' skill about removing flash, and the production technology is also very important, if molding pressure is not enough, will also make the flash hard to be removed.
2. Medical Silicone Bellows Mold misalignment & uneven wall: this problem mainly caused by mold tool, like mold-making precision, misalignment of upper mold and down mold, datum angle & the 4 located pins are not accurate enough.
3. Syringe Medical Covers Lip cracking: the situation is relative to raw materials hardness & durometer, products' structure, and die-cutting tool.
Silicone Syringe Sleeves' Manufacturing Ways
Syringe Sleeves manufactured by Compression Molding: Mold tool cost is the cheapest, and mold-making time is shorter, by this way, we will generally choose FDA Medical Grade Silicone for the syringe sleeve's cover, while it is not a good way when you have high requirements about tolerance & when your order quantity is quite large.
Syringe Covers manufactured by Transfer Injection Molding: Mold tool cost is at middle level, more expensive than compression mold, while cheaper than LSR Injection Mold; but for transfer injection mold, it can be with more cavity, which can save some unit cost. Transfer molded Syringe Covers inherently have less flash when compared to compression molding parts, However, transfer molding still produces more waste material than compression molding because of the sprue, the air holes and the overflow grooves that are often needed to allow air to escape and material to overflow.
Liquid Silicone Syringe Sleeves Manufactured by LSR Injection Molding: LSR Injection Mold tool cost is the most expensive when compare to compression mold and transfer injection mold.
while Liquid Silicone Material is safer than solid silicone material. LSR Liquid Silicone Syringe Sleeves are resistant to bacteria growth and won’t stain or corrode other materials. The Liquid Silicone material is also tasteless and odorless and can be formulated to comply with stringent FDA requirements. Liquid Silicone Syringed Cover have a natural transparency. Liquid Silicone Syringe Sleeves made by LSR injection molding can meet the requirements with high tolerance ±0.01mm, and there won't be mold misalignment problem, uneven wall thickness problem, and for large order quantity, the production process will also more stable than produce by compression mold. By this way, the parting line and flash is minimum and can achieve to almost invisible.
Our company advantages for making Silicone Syringe Sleeves:
1. Precision Own Mold-making Technology since 1998:
2. In-depth knowledge of different elastomer rubber materials molded for Syringe sleeves & covers
3. Mature experience of flexible FDA Medical Grade Silicone Syring Sleeve or FDA Food Grade Silicone Syring Covers quality controls:
a. Silicone Rubber Syringe Sleeve wall thickness sizes telorance: ± 0.05mm
b. mini or less expansion joint flashing
c. mold maintenance in aim to up and down mold plate with horizontal stripe in exact position
d. good ejected molding to improve silicone bellows production efficiency
4. Rapid prototyping with full sizes production equipment and production materials.
5. In-depth knowledge of overmolded metal + silicone rubber bellows production