EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows, also known as EPR Rubber Flexible Bellows and EPDM Polymer Bellows, are designed as a cover or expansion bellows to take over axial, lateral and angular movements in pipeline systems and protect components against alkalis, strong alkaline, detergent, hot water, steam, ozone, etc.
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows and dust boots have wide sealing applications due to these excellent chemical resistance properties and its superior ozone resistance.
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows are usually produced by silicone rubber compression molding, extrusion moulding or rubber injection moulding.
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows Advantages:
1. Anti-ozone and w eather resistance 2. Aging & Corrosi on re sistance 3. Waterproof and steam resistance: bathroom equipment, auto radiator && brake system.
4. Electrical insulation: wire & cable
5. Good heat resistance (dry heat): Working Temperature range -50oC-150oC. ( -60oF-300oF )
6. Low density and high filling property: can be made into low-cost rubber compounds bue to absorption of lots of oils and fillings.
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows Disadvantages: EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows Main Struction and Shape
1. Slow curing rate
2. Poor self-adhension and mutual viscosity
3. Poor processability: difficult to blend with other unsaturated rubbers
4. Not recommanded for petroleum oils, mineral oil, die-ester lubricants or fuel exposure
Straight Convolution EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows
Tapered EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows
Metal + EPDM Rubber Overmolded Flexible Bellows
EPDM Rubber Flexible Bellows with Clamp & Locks
Rubber Flexible Bellows Main Materials
| Material || Abbreviation || Temperature Range || Aging Weathering Ozone || Resistance to Oil & Grease || Water Swell Resistance || Flex-Fatigue || Economy of Material || Material Notes |
| Chloroprene(Neoprene) || CR || -40F to 250F || Good || Good || Average || Very Good || Good || exposure to refrigerants,can be compounded for FDA applications |
| Nitrile || NBR || -22F to 212F || Poor || Very Good || Good || Good || Very Good || Automotive Applications, Good Oil Proof |
| Ethylence-Propylene || EPDM,EPM || -60F to 300F || Very Good || Poor || Very Good || Good || Very Good || Outside Applications, Good Weather Proof |
| Silicone || VMQ || -75F to 450F || Very Good || Average || Very Good || Very Good || Average || Medical Applications |
| Fluo Rubber || FKM || 5F to 390F || Very Good || Very Good || Good || Average || Poor || Rubber King, Widely Applications |