Our company make compression molded tooling, design and manufacture different kinds & construction of elastomeric silicone rubber syringe sleeve & cover, expansion joint & flexible boots, bellows suction cup, air bellows etc, which as a protective appliance to dust proof, anti-oil, water proof and other environment elements in aim to keep equipment performance in medical device, machine automotive, pumping, industrial usage etc.
Rubber Expansion Bellows
Rubber Expansion Bellows, also known as Small Rubber Bellows, Expansion Joint Covers, Flexible Rubber Bellows, Medical silicone Bellows, it is an essential part of many different industrial systems and normally used as protecive cover, anti-dust cover, boots and hose. Silicone Rubber Bellows are designed to protect against dust, water, oil, grease, acids, bleaches, spatter and other environment elements, which are produced by compression mold, liquid silicone injection mold, or transfer mold.
Rubber Expansion Bellows produced by Compression Mold
Compression molding silicone bellows has the followed Advantages:
Silicone Compression molding for bellows is cost economic, and the compression molding process of bellows is quite simple when compared to injection molding.
With the development of economy, we can minimum the tolerance at 0.02-0.1mm by using good steel material, good located pins, and good mold-making equipment.
Compression molding allows for insert, fabric and encapsulating molding for prototypes with simpler handling and faster process development
Compression molding silicone bellows has the followed Disadvantages:
Due to the limitation of mold structure & compression molding way, it is hard to achieve non-flash effect by located pins & mold-making equipment.
Material Wasted due to the flash
It is hard to achieve automation unless the product structure is quite simple & production volume is large. When flash (the resin that escapes between two parts) occurs, it must be manually trimmed, thus slowing down productivity. Additionally, you’re unable to regrind this excess material, which creates more waste.
Small Silicone Bellows produced by Transfer Mold
Compare with compression mold, transfer molding has the followed advantages:
Transfer molding can produce more accurate silicone rubber molded bellows than compression molding, meanwhile the parting line and flash will be smaller than compression mold
Rubber Expansion Bellows produced by LSR Injection Mold
LSR Injection Molding Silicone Bellows has the followed advantages:
1 Rubber Expansion Bellows produced by Injection Molding is High Precision, tolerance can achieve to 0.02mm, and also the flash can be minimum: because the injection molding’s material feeding system is different from compression molding, the temperature, pressure and injection way is controlled by the machine
2 Injection Molding’s production efficiency is higher than compression molding. The production time of compression molding is significantly longer than that of injection molding.
3 When the automation of the injection molding process meets short cycle times, a high-quantity production is possible. Therefore, high-quantity series can be created with injection molding, while compression molding is used rather for low and medium series of large products. For the complex product with high quantity, compression mold tool lifetime is short.
4 Liquid Silicone Material for Injection Molding is safer than solid silicone for compression molding, and the Properties of Liquid Silicone Material is good than solid silicone
Silicone Bellows' Major Defects:
1. Medical Silicone Bellows Flashing is too big: to solve this problem, we need to pay attention to 3 points when production; the first one is mold-design, second one is workers' skill about removing flash, and the production technology is also very important, if molding pressure is not enough, will also make the flash hard to be removed.
2. Silicone Syringe Bellows Mold misalignment & uneven wall: this problem mainly caused by mold tool, like mold-making precision, misalignment of upper mold and down mold, datum angle & the 4 located pins are not accurate enough.
3. Silicone Bellows Dust Covers Lip cracking: the situation is relative to raw materials hardness & durometer, products' structure, and die-cutting tool.
Silicone Medical Syringe Bollows produced by Compression molding
Small Silicone Bellows Produced By Transfer Molding
Our company advantages for making Rubber Expansion Bellows:
1. Precision Own Mold-making Technology since 1998:
2. In-depth knowledge of different elastomer rubber materials molded for Syringe sleeves & covers
3. Mature experience of flexible FDA Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Expansion joint or FDA Food Grade Silicone Bellows quality controls:
a. Silicone Rubber Bellows wall thickness sizes telorance: ± 0.05mm
b. mini or less expansion joint flashing
c. mold maintenance in aim to up and down mold plate with horizontal stripe in exact position
d. good ejected molding to improve silicone bellows production efficiency
4. Rapid prototyping with full sizes production equipment and production materials.
5. In-depth knowledge of overmolded metal + silicone rubber bellows production