Menstrual Cup, also known as Diva Menstrual Cup, Reusable Period Cup, Soft Menstrual Cup, is s a flexible cup designed for use inside the vagina during your period to collect menstrual blood. The cup actually collects the menstrual flow rather than absorbing it like tampons or pads do.
Menstrual cups are feminine hygiene product that is inserted into the vagina during menstruation. Its purpose is to prevent menstrual fluid (blood from uterine lining) from leaking onto clothes. Menstrual cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone and shaped like a bell with a stem. The stem is used for insertion and removal. The bell-shaped cup seals against the vaginal wall just below the cervix. Every 4–12 hours (depending on the amount of flow), the cup is removed, emptied, rinsed, and reinserted. After each period, the cup should be boiled for at least 5 minutes and stored for use the next month.
Menstrual Cup Advantages
1. Menstrual cups can be used for years. Instead of spending money on tampons or sanitary napkins each month, you can save some cash by using menstrual cups
2. A Period Cup for up to 12 hours before it needs to be emptied. Compared to the average 4 to 8 hours for a tampon, that’s a fair amount of time saved.
3. Unlike tampons, Diva cups don’t dry the vagina. This preserves the healthy bacteria that protect you from vaginal infections.
4. Soft Menstrual cups aren’t associated with toxic shock syndrome (TSS), which is a rare, life-threatening condition linked to tampon use.
6. Menstrual fluid develops an odor when exposed to air. Cups eliminate this issue.
7. Most women report that they don’t even feel the cup when it’s in place.
8. Reusable menstrual cups are environmentally friendly. The Women’s Environmental Network reports that each year more than 400 million poundsTrusted Source of sanitary pads, tampons, and tampon applicators end up in landfills.
Menstrual Cup Manufacturing Ways
As we known, Most of menstrual cups are made of 100% pure silicone, while you may don't know they can be molding in 2 ways:
Compression Molding: First Menstrual Cups were mostly made by compression mold, while with the time going, people have higher requirements about quality and appearance, because for the menstrual cup made by compression molding, it is not so high transparency, and flashing & parting is big, which probably will effect the using experience.
LSR Injection Molding: Therefore, the designer & manufacturer choose to produce the period cup by liquid silicone injection molding.
In this way, firstly, there will be minimum parting line, which is almost invisible, and also flashing will be quite small.
Secondly, mold life will be longer than compression mold, about 500Kpcs shots.
Thirdly, liquid silicone is Platinum Cured Silicone, which is safer than solid silicone.
Fourthly, all these can a
Our Advantage of Producing Menstrual Cup.
One-stop Service: own mold-making, rubber compression molded, plastic injection molded, silicone & LSR injection molded production and simple assembly.
Professional Sales Teams and Quick Reply: Our sales engineers will well work together with mold designing department, production department and QC department etc, in aim to producing better qualified products & parts for customers
Free Design Analysis Support for Moldability and Manufacturability: we have two rich experience design engineers will cover your projects from ideas & drawings to end use.
Customer's Design Patent Protection: Only accepet custom-made projects according to customers design drawings or samples. Our company will not sell customer's products & parts to other customers & persons, as customers had paid mold-making cost to us and molding belong to their properties. We can sign NDA with customers.